Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Funny?

Life is a funny thing or at least we like to say it is.

At times I find my life to be lacking in humorous situations or perhaps I just have a hard time seeing the humor in them. What is funny about life (funny=odd intriguing or contradictory) is the up and down of it all.

Last Saturday I found out my Uncle Tim had passed away after years of battling leukemia.

A truly fascinating man. He would have you think of a million things the minute you began a conversation together. Not ordinary things that you think of every day, but the things one avoids thinking of or things that have never entered your mind.

He was a brilliant Jazz guitarist who played with some of the worlds top artists. Tim Haden I will see him again.

Monday night Jenn yells my name from the bottom of the stairs. Ugh I am in bed. Come on its important.... Ok then (thinking it better be).

She and Jason had perched themselves on the kitchen table. We (Dad, Mom, Heather, JT, And I) leaned against the counter waiting to be amused, waiting for her to justify pulling us away from our various activities and especially waking me from a perfectly lovely place.

"We're gonna have a baby"

We all jumped from our lazy leaning positions with shrieks of laughter.

That is the up and down of it all.

Funny?

1 comment:

kate said...

how wonderful Jonlyn. I miss you and would love, love to see you and give you a warm cozy hug. we are so happy for your sister and husband. You are an aunt!